Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kate’s Birthday Party

We started several months ago asking Kate what kind of birthday party she wanted.  She would always say, “PINK!  I want a PINK party.”  I thought about it for a little while and finally came up with a PINK CANDY PARTY.  I love birthday parties for little ones!  I always remember my Mom giving us the best birthday parties and I especially remember PINK POPCORN BALLS!  I think I am my Mom times 10 :).  I tried to make the popcorn balls for Kate’s party but as usual cooking is not my thing.  I did manage to make some yummy strawberry cake pops though!  She had a complete PINK candy set up and I even found some really cute pink candy fabric on Etsy that I ordered from Japan (Yes, I know I am a little overboard).  My Mom wasn’t able to be there but she made an AWESOME cake!!! The top was wheat/gluten free for Kate and the other layers were french vanilla and dark chocolate fudge.  Someone should pay her for those cakes!  She now officially has the cake maker job:).  The whole crew of friends and family was there.  She got a TON of presents and a complete new wardrobe!  She was very shy bc she was tired from the previous day and she was fixated on a couple of presents (dress up shoes and jewelry).  Haley and I gladly opened the rest of them for her :).  Thank you to everyone who came!  In case you can’t tell birthday parties are very special to us…I think I will go into mourning when they are too old for them:(

To view the complete party album just click VIEW FULL ALBUM!

No comments: