Friday, February 12, 2010

SNOW DAY

It has now officially snowed 3 times in one winter! INCREDIBLE! 12 1/2 inches WOW! This was the best snow day ever! Well, actually all of these pics were from yesterday (Thursday) but today was awesome too. Kate woke up at her usual 5am yesterday as I was watching the morning news. She saw all of the snow on tv but she didn't realize it was at her house too. We went to let Charlotte out once it was light outside and Kate said, "Oh my goodness! That is so so cool! How did God do that? Does he have a magic wand?" This is the only pic I could get of JT. He hated the snow. He is just like his Momma. Well, let me re-phrase... I do not hate snow. In fact I think it is the coolest thing ever. I do however hate cold weather. Despise, hate, extremely dislike, detest. I think that sums it up. Did I mention I had car loader duty after school yesterday and I was soaked up to my knees and could not feel my hands, feet or face? Who WOULD like that? I'm just sayin.
Dear God,
Does it snow in Heaven? If it does could you please make it about 70 degrees when it does snow? Us crybabies could really enjoy it then. We heard you can do anything. I don't think that request is unreasonable. Just askin.
Love, JT and his Mom
Amen.



We drive by this contraption everyday. I always think it looks soooo cool. I am not sure what it is. When we saw it on the way to school yesterday we had to stop and take a photo. It just screamed 'picture perfect'!

Our street!

Kate begged to build a snow person. I braved the cold which I mentioned I seriously dislike and we built the best snow person I was capable of building in 5 min. Kate decide it was a snow girl and her name is "Bay-Bay Snow Girl". She let her borrow some of her things. She really wanted to stay outside and play with her but I figured it would be child abuse if I let her stay out in the freezing cold when she was soaking wet up to her waist. She didn't seem to mind. In fact, Kate love love loves the snow. She would have stayed out all day. We went in and looked out our big window at BBSG but there was a problem. It kept snowing and snowing. By the time we were going to bed BBSG was covered in snow and you could no longer see her FABULOUS ensemble. Kate was distressed bc she only meant for her to borrow those items and not keep them forever. I reassured her and off to bed she went. This am she woke up (once again 5am) and was still distressed about BBSG. Daddy to the rescue! JB came home and helped her build a new (and bigger) BBSG. It was dark by the time they finished so I haven't taken a pic yet. Sorry if this creeps you out Bailey.



My students at school came up with what they thought was a great idea. They said and I quote, "How about you stand there and let us (18 of us) throw snowballs at you?" Mrs. Brewer, "Umm, not gonna happen sweetheart." I was not sure how to take that one. I think they like me...





Charlotte, "I ain't going out there lady! Let me pile up the snow over your head and then you can go pee in that."



Thanks God! Great memories to keep forever!

No comments: