
How cute is he?!? I just want to eat him up! Did I mention that these photos were taken by Mrs. Julie Swann? She did a FABULOUS job and she isn't even a professional!
This post is dedicated to our poor, poor, little JT. Bless his heart he has such a rough life. He is losing his paci, bottle, and crib all in one week. Speech is becoming an issue and he is showing some signs of frustration. We have been preparing to take the paci away for a while now due to his lack of speech. We are starting to get a little concerned but he still has some time. Isn't it amazing how we beg our children to talk and once they START we just want them to STOP? The first night he fussed but no all out "Incredible Hulk" fits. The bottle issue is my fault. He has big puppy dog eyes, crocodile tears, and he loved his bottle. We took it away before he turned 1 but we let him have one bottle at bed time after that. I am sure Grandma wanted to choke me loved me sending him to her house without his beloved B-O-TT-L-E. Now, no more bottle even at bed time. He was mad at us the first night and threw the cup down but when he got thirsty he got over that pretty quickly. The bed is a whole other issue. Our little man has some thunder thighs like his momma thick little legs and bless his heart they keep getting stuck in between the slats. There have been a few times that I have freaked and almost ripped his bed apart with my bare hands become a little worried that we wouldn't be able to get his leg out. Sunday morning I was in the shower while JB was doing yard work. JT was taking a nap and usually this is the best time to get ready. Apparently, he woke up and was screaming his head off and I couldn't hear him. Luckily (Praise the LORD) JB heard him and came to his rescue. We kind of thought we had a say in these things had this idea that both of our kids would get "big kid" beds when they were 2 since that was when Kate got hers. I think this incident threw that "idea" out the window. Unfortunately, we haven't had a chance to save for that "big kid" bed just yet. Luckily, my good friend Kelly is letting us borrow her toddler bed in the meantime. I have grand plans because I am crazy and I thing I am Martha freggin Stewart for his cute little room so I refuse to buy until I have saved for the bed I really want. Yes, I said "I WANT"! I know that the day will come when my children will dress themselves and have their own decorating opinions but in the meantime I hope to brainwash influence their tastes. So, now I am pretty sure JT is saying, "I got a word to call you lady and it ain't momma!" I had to do it all though. They are just those things you have to take the time and make yourself do. These are all new experiences for us. Kate was telling us what to do the day she was born (she was my sign language kid), she didn't take a paci, she gladly handed us her bottle for a sippy cup, her legs were way too skinny to get caught in her crib, and she was too short to climb out until she was 2. Just when you think you have this thing down the next one comes along to show you that you have NO FREGGIN CLUE.
Here are some clues never gonna happen dreams of what is to come in his room. Potterybarn Kids is my fave but these beds are waaaay out of league for my bargain basement shopping.

No comments:
Post a Comment