I am speechless, ecstatic, overjoyed, amazed, grateful, and humbled!
My trip back to Zambia is now paid in full...AGAIN! Thank you to each and everyone of you who donated and/or prayed for me. I could not have done it without your support. I was so worried about raising the funds this time around since I just had to raise funds 6 months ago, it is tax season, and all of the world catastrophes that are so in need right now. We were really getting down to the wire when I started feeling worried and discouraged.
I had actually started turning down money because I didn't want to take it if I wasn't going to be able to go. I wanted to put it all on our credit card and just worry about the details later but given the fact that we are trying to get out of debt I just couldn't reside myself to believing that was what God wanted. I finally just prayed that if it wasn't in God's will I was okay with that but that I needed clarity so I could be confident in my decision. I was really worried about letting down those who had already donated.
I was a phone call away from canceling my trip when Grandma encouraged me to send out one last email explaining the situation just in case everyone didn't read through the newsletter (which I am so guilty of) or forgot. Taking in her wisdom I sent out the email, threw my hands up and said, "Okay God. It's yours. Whatever your will is I will be okay. " In 2 days the money tripled and kept coming in. Some generous souls even called me over to pick up their spare change that ended up being over $500!!! Brings a new meaning to "Every penny counts!" Well, there was my clarity! How could I deny that? God is so good and so amazing!
We ended up still being a little short (about $1100) but I had my clarity so we decided to bite the bullet and put up the rest. I knew I would have to work it off but that would be a small price to pay.
Little did I know what God had in store...On Sunday after church another generous soul who I barely knew came up and asked how much I was short. I told her and she proceeded to ask for a pen. She then wrote me a check for the amount! When I saw what it said I boo-hooed like a baby, hugged her neck, asked if she was sure, and thanked her over and over! She said God had laid it on her heart and I just couldn't believe it! I am FOREVER GRATEFUL!
God has his way and his time but silly me for doubting him for one second. It was never that I thought He couldn't do it. I just wasn't sure it was in His plans this time around. I mean, sometimes even when we want to do good things God has different plans. I L-O-V-E when He reveals His plans!
Please continue to pray for me as I prepare mentally, emotionally and spiritually for my trip. I will leave June 23rd. Oh, and pray for JB as he gets to spend another 10 days with our precious little ones. My pride wants me to say that it was so rough on JB and he bowed at my feet when I came home last time...but truthfully he is just as good a dad as I am a mom and he figured it all out just fine. He even...hold your breath...cleaned the whole house and then some! Go ahead and say some more prayers for him this time around just in case the kids decide to tie him up or swing from the ceiling fans :).
Speaking of the kids...
I am not hiding them from you. I promise. JT broke my first camera, then I broke the 2nd one in Africa, and now our computer is fried thanks to the tornado that blew through Monday morning. I have lots of them to share with you. JT is getting super smart and Kate is actually growing an inch or 2!
Speaking of Tornado...
Don't worry we are all okay. We had quite a bit of damage to the house, backyard and roof. Not good considering our house is on the market :(.
No comments:
Post a Comment