Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year bc of all of the beautiful changes! This is ironic bc I do not like change but the changing seasons always remind me that God is in control and each change is just another step in his plan for us. This past week I took some time to breathe (which doesn't happen very often) and just enjoy what is around me. I must confess I am quite the worry wart and I am always planning so rarely do I ever stop to enjoy the moment. The other day I was looking for some books to read the kids when I came across a story that we used to read to Kate every night before she went to bed. It is called "My Little Golden Book About God". JB and I both used to have the words memorized bc we had read it so much to Kate. I ended up losing track of the book after our move last summer until I found it just sitting on Kate's book shelf the other day just begging to be read. This book does a wonderful job simply stating for children what all God has done for us. The kids and I also read the Creation story from our childrens 5 minute Bible story book and of course it explained all that God made for us. These stories were a great reminder to me to stop and enjoy life a little more instead of just rushing through it with every moment planned. I wanted to share some photos with you that remind me of a few bits of advice...
May your biggest concern be the bug on the sidewalk...
Take a moment to stop and smell the roses...
May your hopes and dreams flourish like spring time flowers...
So therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your children. So he comforted them and spoke kindly to them. Genesis 50:21
Always take a moment to hug your family...
The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in right path's for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff- they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long. Psalm 23
So therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your children. So he comforted them and spoke kindly to them. Genesis 50:21
The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in right path's for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff- they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long. Psalm 23


No comments:
Post a Comment