Friday, June 24, 2011

All by my lonesome

I have arrived in London and I must say they are having glorious weather!  Too bad I won't be leaving the airport to enjoy it because I am all by my lonesome :( .  I did manage to find more Camp Life'ers but not until we were going through the security checks here in Heathrow. 

Somehow I managed to find my way around DFW, the airplane and Heathrow all by my self.  This could have gone wrong especially because I can't find my way out of a paper sack.  Let's all clap for Amber being a big girl!  Now we all just need to pray that I find my next departure and make it there on time.  In life I generally don't make it anywhere on time but these time changes really confuse me to make matters worse.

You should hear me talking in my head to God.  I keep telling Him that I know I am not supposed to follow people but instead I should trust Him to guide me.  So basically I am counting on Him to get me where I need to go.  I always end our conversation by reminding Him that it is very unbecoming of a grown woman to sit on the floor and cry in the middle of an airport because she is lost. He responded by telling me to put on my big girl undies and deal.  So, then I told Him that was rude and that sounds like something JB would say. Being the witty guy He is He reminded me that He made man in his image. I responded by telling him that it was okay because we all make mistakes. Good thing there isn't any lightening around.

I can't wait to get to Zambia so I can meet my kiddos and see what God has instore! Have I mentioned that it is winter right now in Zambia?  I am excited to be out of the Texas heat for 10 days!  I am going to try my best to blog while I am there but I make no promises due to the scarcity of their internet connection.

UPDATE:
I did manage to check off everything on my checklist before I left except one thing.  Wanna guess what that was? Ding ding ding! You got it...LAUNDRY! Due to my illness I LOATHE LAUNDRY aka ILL I had a flare up so I had to stop before I required medical attention. I was able to get it all washed but hanging it all up is a different story.  I am sure it will be wating for me when I get home. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend because I sure will!

No comments: