Day 2
We are in Zambia! Finally! If you read the last post you know that I was wandering around Heathrow airport all by my lonesome and patting myself on my back for being such a big girl. I even managed to get to my gate by myself and believe me this was no easy task. It involved going across the airport, down some escalators, onto an underground shuttle and then to the correct gate. I did what they would do in Oz and "followed the yellow brick road". Okay, okay, so it was more like yellow signs. You get the point.
Once I arrived at the gate I realized I was the first one there. Those of you who know me have your mouths hanging open right now because you are in amazement that I made it anywhere on time. Please close them so others will stop staring at you. Thank you.
As others began to approach the waiting area I tried one last time to locate neon orange bag tags or green rubber bracelets for some sign of other Camp Life'ers. Success! Apparently, we were all wondering where everyone was all day and DFW was so busy that no one found each other. We ended up being a huge group! Needless to say the flight into Zambia was a bit more chatty as we all got to know each other.
We arrived in Zambia Saturday morning and we were greeted by our Family Legacy staffers. It was great to see some familiar faces. The rest of Saturday was spent resting and having meetings to prepare us for the week ahead.
Day 3
We woke up early for church of course! We had a great sermon given by Pastor Teddy. The sermon struck a cord with all of us because he kept asking over and over, "WHO IS YOUR GOD?" He used the scripture Matthew 6: 25-34. I must confess that this is the passage I struggle with the most in life. I am a Worry Wart and a Control Freak! He placed special emphasis on verse 33, "But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." He reminded us that the first thing we think of in the morning is usually the thing that we serve. Did you think about breakfast? Did you think about clothes? Did you think about your beautiful children? All of these things, even the last one, should not be the first thing we think about when we awake. We should begin and end our day with the Lord. I am 100% guilty of not doing this 100% of the time. I consider myself to have a close relationship with the Lord but most of the time the hustle and bustle takes over and God gets penciled in where I can fit him or when I remember (eek! That was hard to admit!). 2 of the volunteers that came with us were convicted and saved in that sermon! They thought they were coming for kids they didn't realize God was bringing them over to his turf.
This afternoon we met our Zambian partners and learned about our groups that we will have tomorrow. I will have a group of boys ages 6-9. I am very excited and can't wait to meet them!
Prayer requests:
Please pray for the 10 boys that I will have this week. Pray that they open their hearts so Jesus can walk in.
Please pray for my Vertigo! This is the weirdest thing I have ever felt and it is not fun! I don't want anything to disteract me from the work that God has called me to do!
I have to rush back to my villa now because there are lots of PB & J sandwiches to be made!
With Love,
Am-Be (Zambians can't pronounce r's very well so this is my Zambian name for the week .)
1 comment:
Hey Am-be!! I work with your Dad who is so good to forward me links to your blog. I am praying for you and the work God wants you to do. There is nothing like serving Him, right? I am in awe of your willingness to serve Him out of our comfy country. He called me to Honduras 18 months ago and I went kicking and screaming but was completely blessed. God is good all the time and all the time God is good! -- Carolyn Taylor
Post a Comment