Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fun Wedding Festivities

We had many many many fun wedding activities leading up to Jess and Cory's wedding so I thought I would share a few fun snap shots with you.


Here is Jess and I at her bridal shower!



The bride with her bridesmaids and flower girl! There is a funny story behind this shower... I was actually hosting with her aunt so the night before I was preparing some food. I decided to make jalapeno poppers from scratch. I washed a de-seeded about 25 jalapenos when I noticed my hands were burning. I tried washing them but they continued to burn more and more. It was 2am and my hands were on fire! I didn't want to wake anyone so I got on the internet and typed in jalapeno burn. To my complete surprise there is actually something called this! Apparently you are always suppose to wear gloves when handling fresh jalapenos. I tried washing my hands 10 times, covered them with vinegar and lemon juice, washed them with baking soda, lathered them with hand sanitizer, and soaked them in milk. Nothing works but time! I learned this lesson the hard way. I did not go to sleep that night bc I had to keep my hands in ice cold water just so I wouldn't cry. The next morning I called my mom and told her what happened so she rushed over to finish all of the food prep for me. I ended up walking around for 2 days with ice packs in my hands and had to take pain meds just so I could sleep! I am NEVER EVER touching a fresh jalapeno again!


Kate and Cadence! We have a pre-arranged marriage for these 2 cutie pies!

Bridesmaids Luncheon!

Our tanks that we wore to our work out class and getting ready the day of the wedding. They were made by me :).


Very colorful pretty ladies!


1st pic with the complete group! Rehearsal dinner!


We had such a blast and I am going to miss seeing everyone sooo often!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awwww I just got teary eyed thinking it's all over! But it was so perfect :-)